Monday, April 13, 2009

Britney Spears


4.12.09 – San Jose
Concert Review



I call this: Britney Spears verson 69.0.




Before the hate mail comes flooding in, I will preface this review by saying that once upon I time, I truly enjoyed the music a la Britney Spears. The best music from the show came from the remixed versions of old tunes that played between set changes. Her dancers put on quite the dance battle that proved to be the most entertaining part of the show. I felt a bit duped at the end, as though I could have received the same pole-humping, gyrating, bouncing, lip-syncing performance from a local strip club or anywhere in the Castro where at least my drinks are 2 for 1 instead of getting stepped on by pointy hooker shoes, and choking on feather boas in the sea of gays and slutted up girls at the venue. I spoke too soon, that happens in the Castro too, but there’s no $50 ticket requirement to get into the Castro. The set was amazing, and the stage in-the-round ensured the entire venue had a good seat. Light shows, trapeze performers, and pyro were all state of the art. What I had the biggest problem with was looking around and seeing 12 year-old-girls mimicking the pop-star sensation by thrusting their hips into the metal bars in front of their seats while singing along to “lets get naked, lets get naked, take it off take it off!” Then again, I should be blaming their parents and not the media-manufactured “singer” that really has the last laugh in her multi-million dollar profession. There was barely any interaction with the audience, however they did turn her mic long enough for her to give a shout out to Sacramento… though the concert was taking place in San Jose. Joke’s on me though, I’m fifty dollars down and she is $2123493582793842934.00 up.

I miss Britney 2.0.


1 comment:

  1. see that shit's wrong. how are you gonna go to britney's concert and diss her like that? ya'll know very damn well this woman is no longer what she used to be. it's obvious in her lyrics "F.U.C.K. ME"....c'mon?! you think a boa slung across her shoulders is gonna do this song justice? i think not.
    it doesn't surprise me at all that she had whored out her set and concerts this tour. that's what she's all about now...sex. she's come too far from "baby one more time" and there aint no going back...unfortunately. don't like it? don't buy her tickets then.
    pshhh...c'mon diamonds!

    ReplyDelete